Monday, August 12, 2019

Plant Name Tags

99% of the time I won’t remember what I planted in such and such a pot. So I always need to identify the seeds that I planted.

I do this by cutting up aluminum cans like soda or juice cans. Then with any kind of sharp point, pen or pick, I write the name of the seed on the bit of aluminum, And the name will always be there, never fades, because it is impressed into the metal.


I was a member of an organic forum and when I suggested this method of identifying seeds, I was excoriated by the members for suggesting using any kind of aluminum in my garden. Once the plant is growing, I'll pick up the tags.

I don’t know, but the aluminum doesn’t “rust” like other metals, so maybe there are a few atoms left in the soil. Would this be so terrible?

No comments: