Monday, July 03, 2006

Hoodia Gordonii


I planted two of the Hoodia Gordonii seeds I bought last year, and they both came up. This is really exciting, because I was afraid I waited too long and they wouldn't sprout. And I didn't do anything special except use a cactus soil mix. Now let's see if it will continue to grow or get seedling wilt. I'm trying to keep the top of the soil on the dry side. Here are some detailed instructions about growing Hoodia (scroll down to the bottom of the page) although they don't sell seeds, and another site that talks about growing Hoodia, but I can't see where they sell seeds.

Bouncing Bear has seeds for a quite reasonable price. I bought mine on ebay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fascinating blog with excellent information and links. I only have one window for houseplants, but i live in a mild climate and may be able to grow some of these on a sheltered patio. Makes me wish I had a greenhouse.

I just gave you a very good rating and I don't do that without cause.