Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Columnar Apples



Here's a great idea for growing apples in your house or patio. One Green World has three kinds of apples that you can grow in a container and they bear apples along the main trunk. The description doesn't say if they are hybrids. I wonder if you could grow more from seeds, or at least cuttings. Nowadays they say all fruits are hybrids.

One Green World has a lot of interesting plants, like Goji berry (they call it Wolfberry), Guavas, Pomogrante, lots of kinds of Sea Berries, plus many other exotic fuits and berries.

Ask them to send you a catalog. The catalog is more descriptive than the website. For instance, there are three kinds of Columnar apples, Golden Sentinel M-26, Northpole M-7 and Scarlet Sentinel M-7, but on the website they are just thrown in with the apple varieties.

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Now that's the oddest looking apple tree I've ever seen in my life! I wonder if the apples taste good, coming from such a strange looking "tree"?

I voted for you today on BLOG VILLAGE.

Jackie said...

Amazing. Wish I could get it here in South Africa.

I am putting your link in a forum a belong to as I am sure they will find your blog very interesting as they have a big gardening section.

Elizabeth said...

I live in an apartment so a tree like this would be great for me. I'll be back to explore your page...lotza good things here. Look for you on BLOG VILLAGE as well...

Marion said...

So much great info here!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EquineSpirit said...

I found your blog through Blog Village and I'm so glad I did! These little trees look awesome! My 6 year old LOVES apples and I would love to have a couple apple trees but living in town makes that difficult. What a great way to have an apple tree! Thanks for sharing this wonderful find!