Sunday, December 02, 2007

Lemongrass and Added new link


Sand Mountain Herbs has lots and lots of seeds of useful herbs. Actually many will be recognizable as common weeds. Is someone really going to plant Dandelion? On the other hand, there are plants that supposedly grow in the wild that I don't know how to recognize such as Mallow and Feverfew. I'm going to get some of these seeds, grow them and then maybe I'll be able to recognize the wild plant.

I don't have much of a problem with mosquitoes where I live, but if I did, I would certainly get some lemongrass seeds. These people swear by its use as a mosquito repellent. Lemongrass has also been scientifically tested. Sand Mountain sells Cymbopogon flexuosus but the mosquito repellent articles refer to Cymbopogon citratus. Apparently they are very similar and interchangeable for most uses.

2 comments:

Dav DiDi said...

I never know that this grass is called lemon grass..

VICTORSAIGAL said...

I LIKED YOUR BLOG, KEEP UP THE HARD WORK AND KEEP US INFORMED, GOOD LUCK. cooking recipes