Friday, March 02, 2007

Free Ginkgo Biloba seeds



My Ginkgo seeds are growing. I've had them in the fridge since last fall when I picked them up from a park that has several ginkgo trees in downtown Portland. I put them in plastic bags (out of the fridge) until they started to sprout roots and then planted them. I have about 6 growing now.

I still have about 50 seeds left, so for about 10 of my wonderful readers that wander by, I'll send you some seeds free if you send me an email (kdavidhizaratgmaildotcom) with your mailing address. Some things just can't be done virtually. No guarantees, about a third of mine have sprouted so far.

Update: I have just sent out the last of my seeds for this year. Not sure if I will do this again or not. Have to get downtown at the right time to pick up the seeds. Hope all those who have received seeds are enjoying their little trees.

7 comments:

The Gatekeeper said...

I'm hoping to pick up some plant knowledge from your blog. Thanks for all this info. My mom used to live on a fruit plantation and I so wish for her to have land and grow things again. In any case, nice blog.

Jackie said...

How amazing. I must see if we have any Ginkgo trees here and try to do the same.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the seeds. They came today and where packed very nicley. Im using the baggie method. I'll let you know when they sprout!

Anonymous said...

well, its been some time, but one of the seeds have sprouted. I planted all of them in a Terra Cotta pot, and its already about an inch tall. I think I will keep it indoors until next spring.

Unknown said...

Hi! Just found your blog listed as the Site of the Moment over on BLOG VILLAGE.

Each time I eat a pomegranate or an avocado I think about planting the seeds...maybe I will now that I have your blog to reference!

Unknown said...

I have some questions about the ginkgo tree sproutings for Kitty D. I work at University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. How can I contact you. Deborah

Jammu and Kashmir Medicinal Plants Introduction Centre said...

Ginkgo biloba cashmiriana is available in Kashmir market
http://chenabindustries.blogspot.com